SOUTH DEVON CAMPING
Lower Terawhiti Farm
LOWER TERAWHITI FARM, SOUTH MILTON, KINGSBRIDGE, SOUTH DEVON, TQ7 3JT
Tel: 07545 65 08 68 or 07974 40 50 48
Tel: 07545650868 or 07974405048
South Milton Sands & Thurlestone Rock - on your door step
Lane Outside Camp Site Heading To Beach
Welcome to Lower Terawhiti, a traditional family farm situated in the heart of the beautiful South Hams countryside and on the edge of the charming village of South Milton.
Within an easy ten minute stroll to one of the main beaches in South Devon, Lower Terawhiti Farm is just the perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy your quiescent retreat.
Offering an affordable, off-grid campsite, located within a designated Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty and in easy reach of Salcombe, Kingsbridge, Hope Cove, Bantham and Bigbury, there are few reasons why not to take time out and unwind at Lower Terawhiti Farm.
For those who prefer to be kept busy why not try kayaking, surfing, windsurfing, stand up paddling boarding, golf, tennis and glorious cliff walks, all within a short distance of the farm. For the little ones you are welcome to meet the farm animals, and for the nocturnal why not go glow worm spotting, and star gazing into infinity, or simply just watch the sun go down on the beach.
You will soon discover that this is a special place that campers return to time and time again with its picturesque scenery and plentiful sea air to lure you back.
South Devon Camping At Terawhiti Farm
Terawhiti Farm has been in the Berryman family for well over a century. It is a small, traditional, family run farm but very diverse.
The winter months yield all sorts of vegetables including cauliflower, kales, cabbages, sprouts, celeriac, pumpkins, chard and pumpkins. In the summer we concentrate on strawberries and broccoli. All this interspersed with the fattening of our hundred strong beef herd.
Those with younger members of the family are more than welcome to meet our cattle, pet sheep and chickens whilst staying with us.
For over fifty years, and throughout the generations, we have been welcoming people to stay on our South Devon campsite and many will return year on year.
South Milton Sands & Thurlestone Rock - on your door step
CHECK AVAILABILITY AND BOOK PITCH ONLINE ...
Start by selecting what you are bringing and then choose your dates!
OPEN FROM 2nd July to 4th September 2021 - if we don't have availability for your chosen dates, please get in touch because we have "Garden Field" too which is just opposite
AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY - MINIMUM STAY OF 3 NIGHTS (FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY) IS THE PREFERRED BOOKING AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL/REFUND IF LESS THAN THREE NIGHTS IS BOOKED. HOWEVER FROM TIME TO TIME WE ARE ABLE TO ACCEPT BOOKINGS OF 2 NIGHTS WHICH MAY FIT IN WITH EXISTING BOOKINGS AND WE SUGGEST THAT YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH US BEFORE BOOKING.
Coastal Walkers with One Man Pods- no need to book, just phone up on the day and we will fit you in
Group Bookings, Adding Friends/Family to Your Pitchor Booking More Than One Pitch - See Below
Deposits, Cancellations, Covid & Final Balance - See Below
HELP WITH BOOKING :
* ARRIVAL DATE - choose a date high-lighted in green and in black bold (even if partly shaded red, look for the black bold. If its not black bold, it's not available).
* DEPARTURE DATE - choose a date high-lighted in green and in black bold (even if partly shaded red, look for the black bold. If its not black bold, this means some of your dates are already booked up and so your preferred departure date is not available).
* DATE SHADED ENTIRELY RED - indicate dates which are unavailable.
* "NO UNITS AVAILABLE MESSAGE"- if your arrival date and departure dates initially seem available on the calendar, but then when you proceed to the next stage it says "no units available", this will be because the dates are available but you would have to move pitches so the message "no units available" appears. If you are happy to move pitches for different nights, please call Anita on 07545 650868 and she will book you in manually or we may be able to accommodate you in "Garden Field" which is just opposite the main site.
GROUP BOOKINGS, ADDING FAMILY/FRIENDS TO THE SAME PITCH OR BOOKING MORE THAN ONE SEPARATE PITCHES :
* ADDING AN EXTRA TENT OR CAMPER TO THE SAME PITCH - do this from the "Add-On" section on the booking page.
* BOOKING MORE THAN ONE PITCH - do this at the point it asks you "Do you wish to add another booking to your basket at this stage?"
* GROUP BOOKINGS - in order to group everyone together, it is recommended that you put two units per pitch. Pitches are spacious at a minimum of 10m square so there is plenty of room. We will always endeavour to put groups next to, or close to, each other, though this of course cannot be guaranteed.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - DEPOSITS, CANCELLATIONS & FINAL BALANCE :
* DEPOSITS - before booking please be aware that deposits are non-refundable and not transferable to other bookings.
COVID EXCEPTION - in the event of a national lockdown, tiered restrictions or any other Government restriction which means that we cannot open our campsite, all deposits will be refunded to you. However if you or a family member contract Covid or have to self-isolate, and therefore have to cancel your camping holiday with us, no refund will be given.
* FINAL BALANCE - is due no later than 7 days before arrival. If full payment for your booking has not been received on day 7 before arrival, you will lose the pitch and it will be offered to someone else.
* CANCELLATIONS - require at least 7 days notice before the arrival date and if 7 days notice or less is given to cancel, the full payment of your holiday will still become due whether you decide to come or not.